Panoply netCDF, HDF and GRIB Data Viewer
panoply \PAN-uh-plee\, noun: 1. A splendid or impressive array. ...
Panoply is a cross-platform application that runs on Macintosh, Windows, Linux and other desktop computers.
With Panoply 4 you can:
- Slice and plot geo-referenced latitude-longitude, latitude-vertical, longitude-vertical, time-latitude or time-vertical arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
- Slice and plot "generic" 2D arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
- Slice 1D arrays from larger multidimensional variables and create line plots.
- Combine two geo-referenced arrays in one plot by differencing, summing or averaging.
- Plot lon-lat data on a global or regional map using any of over 100 map projections or make a zonal average line plot.
- Overlay continent outlines or masks on lon-lat map plots.
- Use any of numerous color tables for the scale colorbar, or apply your own custom ACT, CPT, or RGB color table.
- Save plots to disk GIF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF bitmap images or as PDF or PostScript graphics files.
- Export lon-lat map plots in KMZ format.
- Export animations as MP4 video or as a collection of invididual frame images.
- Explore remote THREDDS and OpenDAP catalogs and open datasets served from them.
Panoply requires that your computer have Java 9 (or later version) installed.
Color Tables and Map Overlays
Beginning with version 4.0, Panoply's "standard" selection of color tables and map overlays is built into the application. Additional color tables and map overlays may be opened for a single session or added to your favorites library for continued use.
For even more scale color tables, J.J. Green's cpt-city website includes many CPT format files that are compatible with Panoply.
Documentation and Credits
Please send bug reports, feature requests, etc., to Dr. Robert Schmunk at email@example.com. Please note that requests for assistance opening a dataset or interpreting the gridding of the data within will probably require that you provide a copy of the dataset or instructions on where it might be downloaded.