Mars24 Sunclock — Time on Mars
Version 7.1.3 Released 2016-10-31.
- User's guide lander notes re-organized and information added about EDM Schiaparelli crash.
- Bugfix: Color topography map mentioned in credits page was not included in package as a sunclock map choice.
- Refactored window watcher and prefs saver timer tasks.
- Abbreviate clock description if too wide to fit in clock view.
- Bugfix: Drag re-order of clock elements did not work for some clock types.
- Added use of SLF4J logging libraries.
- Library: (macOS) Updated Java launcher to recent version of Infinite Kind appbundler.
Version 7.1.2 Released 2016-08-30.
- ExoMars 2018 has been postponed two years. Potential landing site removed from lists as it will probably be re-evaluated.
- Added December 31, 2016 leap second.
- Bugfix: (macOS) Crash at launch if JRE not found in expected location.
- Sunclock landmark list may be re-ordered by double-clicking on column headers.
Version 7.1.1 Released 2015-12-30.
- Added rough site coordinates for ESA ExoMars 2016 (aka EDM or Schiaparelli) and ESA/Roscosmos ExoMars 2018 landers.
- Updated user's guide to indicate Mars InSight would not be launched in 2016.
- Landers and features may be marked on sunclock using optional colors via a right-click or option-click on landmark in the table.
- Added reset button to landmark table to restore default visibility and color settings.
- Added four projections to sunclock mapping choices.
- Library: Updated GISSmap to v. 1.8.2.
- (OS X) Replaced Quaqua filechooser for saving images with native file dialog called via JNI/libgiss.
Version 7.1.0 Released 2015-06-30.
- Mars24 now requires Java 7 or 8.
- Further refactoring to match changes in various GISS Java library APIs.
- Preference for saved-image extension always uses last extension used.
- Substantial refactoring to implement internationalization.
- Added French localization.
- Replaced default MOLA/NGS sunclock map with higher resolution version.
- Library: Updated GISSmap to v. 1.7.3, allowing for less grainy night shadow and for addition of two-hemisphere orthographic map.
- Added June 2015 leap second.
- Ordering of clock views in time display may be changed via drag-and-drop.
- Use longitude and latitude for Viking and Pathfinder landing sites as given by Kuchynka et al. (2014).
- Changed notation for Viking landers on sunclock map from VIK# to VL# to match old mission notation.
- Added Viking Lander and Pathfinder missions to choices for mission clocks. See technical notes for explanations and caveats.
- Added preliminary Mars InSight landing site coordinates.
- Windows version now a single "universal" app which should run on both 32- and 64-bit Windows.
Version 7.0.1a Released 2012-08-09.
- Updated MSL landing coordinates from target lon-lat to touchdown lon-lat. The difference between landing site LMST and the mission clock remains a few seconds, but in the opposite direction.
- Bugfix: Difference in decimal character caused localization problems in reading and saving preference values and in handling some input text field contents.
- Bugfix: Trapping of illegal input of latitude values missed some possible cases.
- Bugfix: (Mac only) Correct version number shown in finder Get Info window.
Version 7.0: Released 2012-08-03.
- Added MSL Curiosity mission timekeeping.
- Complete re-design of time display window to allow for multiple clock readouts.
- Significant re-factoring of program code to keep pace with changes to GISS Java code libraries.
Version 6.0: Released 2008-05-22.
Version 5.5: Released 2005-11-30.
Version 5.2: Released 2004-02-20.
Version 5.1: Released 2003-10-30.
Version 5.0: Released 2003-07-28.
Version 4.5: Released 2002-11-07.
Version 4.0: Released 2002-04-25.
Version 3.5: Released 2001-04-11.
Version 3.0: Released 2000-09-15.
Version 2.0: Released 2000-01-21.
Version 1.0: Released 1998-04-15.