G.Projector — Global Map Projector
Version 2.1.7: Released, 2018-03-28.
- Added August Epicycloidal projection (#180).
- Added Lambert-Lagrange projection (#181).
Version 2.1.6: Released, 2018-02-26.
- Bugfix: Forward transform for interrupted forms of McBryde-Thomas Flat Polar Parabolic.
- Added William-Olsson projection (#173).
- Additional gore options for interrupted pseudocylindric projections.
- Added Berghaus Star projection (#174).
- Added Bartholomew Tetrahedral projection (#175).
- Added Hexafoliate Equal-Area projection (#176).
- Added Maurer SNo. 231 projection (#177).
- Added Petermann Star projection (#178).
- Added Hexafoliate Equidistant projection (#179).
- Bugfix: Intermittent NPE during component layout when creating initial map window.
- Some re-organization of utility and constant classes.
Version 2.1.5: Released, 2018-01-31.
- (Bugfix) Peirce Quincuncial forward transformation performed in only one quadrant.
- Added Van der Grinten III projection (#171).
- Added Van der Grinten II projection (#172).
- Optimized drawing graticule for Van der Grinten I.
- Other minor optimizations.
Version 2.1.4: Released, 2018-01-26.
- Bugfix: NPE when drawing nightside shading on map without input image.
- Reworked handling of alpha levels in DayNightMap.
- (MacOS) Use Java 9 Desktop handlers if possible.
- Bugfix: Invalid return from AzimuthalProjection.getBounds if map size was small.
- Allow for choice of latitude grid spacing with two central parallels bracketing equator.
- Allow for choice of which gridlines are labeled, if labeling permitted for projection.
- Added Guyou hemispheric projection (#167).
- Added Adams World in a Square I and II projections (#168, #169).
- Added Adams Hemisphere in a Square projection (#170).
- Bugfix: Intermittent gaps in curved meridians and parallels.
- Refactored drawing of graticule for Mollweide Oblique and Hammer Oblique.
Version 2.1.3: Released, 2017-12-20.
- Added Canters Polyconic W21 projection (#163).
- Added Canters Pseudocylindric W33 and W34 projection (#164, #165).
- Added Canters Polyconic W20 projection (#166).
- Renamed all other Canters projections using Böhm's numbering scheme.
- Bugfix: Unable to open input KMZ files if ZipEntry reported size -1.
- Bugfix: Possible NPE testing if file is color table when dropping desktop icon into map window.
Version 2.1.2: Released, 2017-11-20.
- Bugfix: Changing map projection had no effect on enabling of grid label control.
- Added control and preference for grid label size.
- Bugfix: Bounds errors when working with shapefile overlays.
- Generalized Tobler G1 projection to allow for different weighting of basis projections.
- Natural Earth projection has been renamed "Natural Earth I".
- Added Natural Earth II projection (#162).
- Refactored McBryde-Thomas projections to more closely resemble original 1946 equations.
- Bugfix: Print output was blank.
- Bugfix: No error displayed if printing failed.
- Bugfix: (Windows) Map window size too large on small displays.
- Resize map window if dragged from larger display to smaller (but not vice versa).
Version 2.1.1: Released, 2017-10-30.
- Improved quality handling of non-equirectangular input map images.
- Re-worked some mapping utility classes.
- Code de-linting and minor optimizations.
Version 2.1.0: Released, 2017-09-28.
- Re-organized map controls into a set of tabbed panels.
- Added option to apply nightside shading to map.
- Allow for different longitude and latitude gridline spacings.
- Allow for three map overlays rather than two.
- Refactored map plot to use PlotPiece and PlotHolder library code.
- Refactored messaging between map controls and map plotter.
- Refactored map import code to reduce redundancies.
- Output "paper size" for saved PS and PDF output may be specified via preferences.
- Bugfix: Bottomley projection did not render if reference latitude set to equator.
- Bugfix: Some gridlines and overlays not drawn on Cassini projection if height set to large value.
- Bugfix: Overlay combobox choices did not update if an overlay removed from library.
- Added Hammer and Aitoff to list of input map projections that can be re-projected.
- Added option to image output dialog controlling inclusion of map margin. (This will cause any border stroke to be cropped.)
- Code de-linting and minor optimizations.
Version 2.0.5: Released, 2017-07-26.
- Reduced overhead when initializing projection list.
- Improve Bonne projection meridians and border near poles when reference latitude is large.
- Bugfix: Bonne projection did not accept setting the reference latitude at a pole.
- Added Bottomley projection (#155).
- Added Stabius-Werner I and III projections (#156, #157). Note that Stabius-Werner II is available as a special case of the Bonne.
- Bugfix: Winkel II projection did not render correctly.
- Added Gilbert Two-World projection (#158).
- Added Winkel-Snyder projection (#159). This is Snyder's (1977) mistaken description of the Winkel II.
- McBryde-Thomas Sine #1 projection has been renamed "McBryde-Thomas I".
- Added McBryde-Thomas II projection (#160). This is a flat-polar version of the McBryde-Thomas I.
- Added Philbrick Sinu-Mollweide projection (#161), uninterrupted form only.
- Rewrote Mayr projection to use algorithm yielding more accurate result; height of map consequently about 1% shorter.
- Reduced number of projections that might draw a meridian or parallel underlying map border to just a few complex cases.
- Bugfix: Non-visible parallels drawn for Wiechel projection when pole-centered.
- Bugfix: Input file filter did not accept KMZ map files.
Version 2.0.4: Released, 2017-06-26.
- Added Loximuthal projection (#153).
- Added Hatano symmetric and asymmetric projections (#154).
Version 2.0.3: Released, 2017-05-29.
- Library: Updated slf4j to v. 1.7.25.
- Foucaut projection has been renamed "Foucaut Stereographic".
- Added Foucaut Sinusoidal projection (#152).
Version 2.0.2: Released 2017-04-24.
- Added Littrow retroazimuthal projection (#150).
- Added Siemon IV projection (#151).
- Modifications to mapping library's KMZ handling for use in Panoply app.
Version 2.0.1: Released 2017-03-28.
- Bugfix: Automatic version check might not check.
- Added Logarithmic Azimuthal projection (#148), based on implementation of Snyder (1987).
- Bugfix: A meridian might not be drawn in Hammer Oblique or Mollweide Oblique if map centered on a pole.
- Added HEALPix projection (#149) for case of K = 3.
- Quartic Authalic projection may be displayed in interrupted form.
Version 2.0: Released 2017-01-31.
- Java 8 is required.
- Overlays included in distribution now zipped into app code rather than placed in external directory.
- Added overlays panel to preferences window to allow management of library of overlays.
- (macOS) Use small-size property for plot controls.
- (macOS) Replaced native filechooser implementation from JNI/libprojector with that of JNI/libgiss.
- Rewrote prefs handling to work with custom XML file rather than use Java prefs interface.
- Use SLF4J libraries for logging.
- Added capability to accept an input map image using other than the Equirectangular projection. This is initially implemented only for the Cylindrical Equal Area, Robinson, and Winkel Tripel projections. More will be added in future releases.
- Implemented zoom-in and zoom-out using mouse-clicks with key-modifiers on equirectangular, azimuthal and conic projections. Zooming in on an Equirectangular map will automatically switch to separately coded "Equirectangular (Regional)" projection (#144).
- Hairlines added to crosshairs cursor.
- Bugfix: PDF and PS output was drawn fully bitmapped.
- Added Peirce Quincuncial projection (#145).
- Added "Check for Updates" tool to preferences and to Help menu.
- Added Ginzburg I (#146) and Ginzburg II (#147) azimuthal projections.
For previous version history, see:
Version 1.x History.