Columbia University, Staff Associate I
The Center for Climate Systems Research in the Climate School of Columbia University in New York invites applications for a Staff Associate I position.
The Staff Associate I (SAI) will contribute to the Climate Impacts Group's research-related activities related to conservation, development, urban issues, agriculture, and food. The SAI will work closely with the Senior Staff Associate II leading the Conservation and Development Pillar for the Climate Impacts Group at the Center for Climate Systems Research (CCSR) and will: Support research activities related to conservation, development, and urban areas, including literature reviews, writing and editing of research papers, publications, and other documents, analyzing and writing-up results of climate projections and supporting the development of slides and materials. They will carry out engagement, which will require interacting and communicating with stakeholders, project partners, and authors working on a range of projects and activities. They will also support the preparation and presentation of a range of research findings and results and travel to support workshops and conferences. They will be expected to perform other duties as assigned to support research project(s) needs.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Research support related to the conservation, development, urban areas, agriculture, and food:
- Prepare literature reviews.
- Support writing and editing of research papers, publications, and other documents.
- Analyzing and writing up results of climate projections.
- Support the development of slides and materials.
- Stakeholder engagement:
- Interact and communicate with stakeholders, project partners, and authors working on a range of projects and activities.
- Participate and present at virtual and in-person workshops.
- Contribute to Climate Impacts group activities including research proposal development, coordination of scientific workshops and other duties as assigned.
- The Staff Associate I will report directly to the Senior Staff Associate II and will receive general supervision, meeting with the supervisor regularly, and will exercise independent judgement within parameters set by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in agricultural science, environmental science, environmental engineering, and/or climate change policy or climate and society, or closely related field and a minimum of 4 year's related experience required. A Master's degree in a relevant field can substitute for up to 2 years of experience.
- Must have knowledge of climate change and climate impacts science.
- Excellent research and writing, communication, presentation and organization skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
Appointments are made on a fiscal year basis and are eligible for renewal each July 1st, contingent upon performance and funding.
The search will remain open for at least 30 days after the ad appears and will continue until the position is filled.
Columbia University benefits accompany this Officer of Research appointment.
Hiring Salary: $62,500 - $62,500
We accept online applications only.
For information on how to apply for this position, please see the Columbia University posting.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Pay Transparency Disclosure
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.