Columbia University, Staff Associate in Climate / Environmental Science
The Staff Associate will assist the Senior Staff Associate and Adjunct Senior Research Scientist to conduct data analysis and programming for the Mesoamerican Reef Project sponsored by World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and other related projects within the Climate Impacts Group by developing climate risk information and translating this information for stakeholder use. The Staff Associate will engage in: computer coding, preparing climate projections, and data analysis; writing, editing and publication of scientific papers, white papers, and reports; the preparation of research presentations; participation and stakeholder engagement at workshops and field visits in the project regions of Mexico and Honduras.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with focus in climate science, meteorology, environmental science, earth science or related field of study and at least 4 years related work experience working in climate change, environmental science.
A Masters degree in climate science, meteorology, environmental science earth science or related field of study can substitute for 2 years of work experience.
Candidates must also possess the following:
- Knowledge of climate change and climate impacts science, with emphasis on biodiversity conservation preferred.
- Ability to carry out scientific programming skills (e.g. Matlab), quantitative and qualitative research, and data analysis.
- Strong computer programming/coding skills
- Excellent research writing, communication and stakeholder engagement, presentation, and organization skills.
- Proficient in Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Search will remain open for at least 30 days after the ad appears and will continue until the position is filled.
Columbia University benefits offered with this Officer of Research appointment.
We accept online applications only.
For information on how to apply for this position, please see the Columbia University Human Resources posting.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer &mfash; Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.