Autonomic Integra: Scientific Programmer
NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies is seeking candidates to contribute to the development of its Earth System Model, most of which is written in Fortran. The successful candidate(s) will work closely with physical scientists, statisticians, and climate scientists to contribute to our understanding of the causes and effects of climate change.
NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies is seeking candidates to contribute to the development of its Earth System Model. The successful candidate will work closely with physical scientists, statisticians, and climate scientists on software development to contribute to our understanding of the land surface, vegetation and hydrological aspects of the climate.
Successful applicants will have the following technical skills:
- A degree (bachelor's or higher) in computer science, physics, mathematics, or data science. Applicants with degrees in geosciences (hydrology, climate science) will also be considered if accompanied with a strong background in one or more of the disciplines listed earlier.
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing and development of computer models.
- Experience with Linux or unix and shell scripting in these environments.
- Experience with compiled programming languages, such as C, Fortran.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, R.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Numerical methods
- Earth System Modeling
- Physics-based deep-learning methods.
- Land surface modeling, with regard to vegetation dynamics and/or hydrology.
Successful applicants will have the following non-technical skills:
- Ability to work both as part of a team but also autonomously.
- Ability to research problems and implement various solutions.
- Ability to strategically analyze problems and explain solutions.
Applications will be accepted and considered until the position is filled.
Hiring salary range is $65,000-$75,000. Salary will depend on a variety of factors including but not limited to level of education, experience, and area of expertise.
We are limited to considering applications from US citizens, green card holders, and those with Employment Authorization Documents (EAD).
Autonomic Integra offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) savings plan.
Send résumé by email to John Barbara [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
Autonomic Integra, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 2023-11-01. Open until filled.