Autonomic Integra LLC: Scientific Programmer/Climate Model Support Technician
Autonomic Integra LLC is seeking to provide technical climate model support and help NASA utilize state-of-the-art tools to contribute to our understanding of the causes and effects of climate change. The successful candidate will work closely with physical scientists, statisticians, and climate scientists setting up model experiments and managing and analyzing model and observational data.
Successful applicants will have the following technical skills:
- A degree (bachelors or higher) in data science, computer science, or related STEM field.
- Data science skills (processing, databases, etc.)
- Experience with Unix is required.
- Familiarity with Fortran and/or Python is useful.
- Comfort using shell scripts and handling NetCDF files using NCO utilities.
- Some background in Atmosphere/Ocean Science is beneficial.
- Interest in data analysis, cloud computing, Pangeo all pluses.
- Candidates with experience or interest in the land surface, vegetation and/or hydrological aspects of climate are of particular interest.
Successful applicants will have the following non-technical skills:
- Ability to work both as part of a team but also autonomously.
- Ability to research problems and implement various solutions.
- Ability to strategically analyze problems and explain solutions.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Hiring salary range is $65,000 - $75,000. Salary will depend on a variety of factors including but not limited to level of education, experience, and area of expertise.
Autonomic Integra LLC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401k savings plan.
Please send résumé by e-mail to John Barbara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Autonomic Integra LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 2023-02-02. Open until filled.