Mars24 Sunclock — Time on Mars
Download Mars24 "Generic"
The Mars24 "Generic" package is for computers not running the Mac OS X or Windows operating system.
Mars24 requires that a Java 1.6 virtual machine, or better, be installed.
Download the Mars24 archive format you prefer.
Install and Run Mars24
Depending on your operating system and how you have it set up, installing Mars24 may be as simple as double-clicking the Mars24J archive icon on your desktop. If not, then you may have to use the appropriate command-line call from the shell.
The Mars24 archive contains a folder called Mars24J which holds the following items:
- Java application in a jar file called "Mars24.jar".
- Other Java code in additional *.jar files.
- Martian landmarks file "marslandmarks.xml".
- "Sourcemaps" directory containing extra sample Mars maps.
- A README file.
- A subdirectory called "help" which includes user documentation.
Depending on your operating system set-up, you should be able to launch Mars24 by simply double-clicking on the Mars24.jar file. But if that desn't work, then you would need to launch from a shell command line by typing:
java -jar -Xmx512M Mars24.jar