Hypertext Help with LaTeX
LaTeX provides commands for all sorts of arrows. The following commands are used only in math mode.
In general the command names are created from "left", "right", "up", or "down". "leftright" gives a double headed arrow. Prefacing with "long" gives a longer arrow. Capitalizing the first letter gives a double-shanked arrow.
- \nearrow points from southwest to northeast
- \searrow points from northwest to southeast
- \swarrow points from northeast to southwest
- \nwarrow points from southeast to northwest
The \stackrel command is useful for putting things over or under your arrow.
- Binary and relational operators
- Greek letters
- Miscellaneous symbols
- Variable size symbols (sums, integrals, etc.)
Back to the LaTeX Table of Contents
Revised 7 Jull 1995.