Hypertext Help with LaTeX
Other On-line LaTeX Information
Almost all links on this page were verified on 2010-12-03.
- The Comprehensive Tex Archive Network (CTAN)
- Virtually all TeX, LaTeX, and related software and documentation can be obtained from CTAN, which has multiple ftp mirror sites.
Packages for Publications
- The American Institute of Physics accepts manuscripts for several of its journals in REVTeX.
- Similarly, the American Astronomical Society accepts manuscripts for several of its journals in AASTeX. The AASTeX FAQ might be helpful. Astronomers will also find TeX and LaTeX Macros for astronomers from STScI to be useful; Particularly good is Chris Biemesderfer's LaTeX Command Summary.
- The American Mathematical Society has their own macro package, AMSTeX.
More Resources and Links
The UK TeX Users' Group's FAQ Page is up-to-date and searchable.
LaTeXe help 1.4 is available from Emory Univ.
Text Processing Using LaTeX from Cambridge Univ. Engineering Dept. includes excellent beginning and advanced hypertext manuals as well as information in other formats.
Macintosh users will want to take a look at Gary Gray's TeX/LaTeX Software for the Macintosh, with pointers to many tools for dealing with LaTeX and what's new listings.
For those with less experience with LaTeX, good introductory material includes:
- Getting Started with LaTeX by David Wilkins, Trinity College, Dublin.
- Document Preparation with LaTeX from the Univ. of Sterling, UK.
The Usenet newsgroup comp.text.tex can be a good source of information and help.
Last updated: 2010-12-03